Saturday, June 06, 2009

My New Garden

As of this morning, I'm a proud new caretaker of a container garden!At the farmer's market, I got tomato, bell pepper, and zucchini plants! (They had already sold out of strawberries, or else I would've gotten some of those too.) I'm so excited about them, and I can't wait to see if I can coax anything edible out of them! This is my first attempt at ever trying to grow something edible. I had good success with miniature roses in Texas, so I'm hopeful that this will work.

You'll also notice a pathetic little plant in a milk jug next to the other beauties. The man I bought my veggie plants from was giving away free flower plants to any kids that came by. I had Elias with me, so we chose this one for him! I have no idea what it is, but he said it would bloom with large red flowers, so I thought that would be fun. (Anybody recognize it? Click on the picture to enlarge.) It's in a pitiful milk jug, though, because I thought I had a pot here at home that would fit it, but I can't seem to find it... So it's going to have to live in temporary housing until next month because I have DEFINITELY spent all our gardening budget getting the veggies in their new home!

No comments: