Friday, May 12, 2006

Things are Heating Up in The Office

I don't say much about TV shows on my blog, even though I usually have a lot to say about them. I guess I prefer to talk about real life instead of fiction. But last night's season finale of The Office was just too good to leave alone! Are there any other Office fans out there who know what I'm talking about?! For those of you who who don't watch The Office, Jim and Pam work together, are very good friends, and are clearly perfect for each other. However, there's one thing standing in the way of their relationship: Pam is engaged to someone else. So for the past 2 seasons, we've been on pins and needles waiting to find out if anything would happen between them! And now look at this shot from last night's episode:
As Pam's wedding drew nearer, Jim began to get more and more uncomfortable hearing about it, and finally last night he had had enough. He pulled Pam aside in the parking lot and declared his love for her. Oh, but the agony of it all! Pam got angry, told him that he had misread her friendship, and that she resented his ruining their friendship by trying to take it further! A devastated Jim walks away. However, minutes later, he comes back to the office, where he finds her on the phone with her mom discussing the situation. She hangs up. Without a word, he grabs her and kisses her. And miracle of miracles, she kisses him back!!! And that's the end of the episode. What?! What will happen from here?! Sadly enough, this was the season finale and we don't get to find out where that kiss will take them until next season. Oh, I hope they get together! But how will Pam's fiance, Roy, react? And what will that do to Office dynamics? I can't wait for next season, where my questions will be answered!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh as I watched i wondered if you were watching! It was so so good!! I hope they get together next season but you know the writers are too smart for that...they will string us along more! Miss you.

Shelly said...

I was in our bedroom last night when I heard Andrew yelling from the living room "oh my gosh"! So I ran in to see what was going on and saw "the kiss". I don't know if we can wait until next season!!!

Corrie said...

We watch The Office! We TeVoed the finale, BUT I read your Blog before we watched it! Oops! Your post just made me more interested to see what happened between Jim and Pam. What do you think Pam was telling her mom when Jim walked in for "the kiss"?

Joni said...

I'm sorry to ruin it for you, Corrie! That didn't even occur to me when I was writing that post... Darn. Thank you for being the forgiving type. I think Pam was telling her mom that she thinks she might be in love with Jim, but doesn't know what to do about Roy. Oh, how will I wait til the Fall?!

Corrie said...

It is SO totally obvious that she and Jim are MFEO (Made For Each Other!) The other show we watch regularly is "How I Met Your Mother" and that show ended with a similar climactic kiss! Will these moments of passion be able to stretch through the dog days of summer and show back up on our TV screens in fall? One can ONLY hope!