Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Mad at the World

I'm just grumpy today, so I'm going to rant about the 2 things I have to be grumpy about at the moment. First of all, the poor season premeire of The Office.

I feel the same way, Dwight. After having several days to think it over, it wasn't that there weren't funny parts of the show. The "gaydar" stuff, the calculator in Jello incident - those were just dang funny. But in general the content of the show was too uncomfortable to be enjoyable. My analysis is that the reason this show is so funny is because there is no one in the world who is really like Michael Scott. He takes the worst things about every person, and multiplies them by 1000 in himself. No one acts like he does - he is absurdly way over the top. This was indeed the case in this episode, but the problem I had with it is that there are actually people in the world who think the way he does about homosexuality. Sure, no one would think that it's ok to befriend your gay coworker by forcing him to kiss you. But still. It just wasn't funny, and that disappointed me. So for those of you who watched the show for the first time at my insistence, please accept my apologies. The show is usually in much better taste. This season had better get good FAST!

And speaking of fast, this leads to my next complaint, and probably the reason I'm so grumpy today. FedEx. Do they know the latter part of their name stands for "Express?" So why does it take me 7 days from when they first attempt to deliver a package to my house to when I actually acquire the package?! I won't go into all the details of how ridiculous this experience has been, but I will just say that I don't know if I've ever had an organization of this caliber be so unfriendly and unhelpful. It's like they don't want me to be able to get my package and they were purposefully trying to keep it from me. Nothing about their website or 800 phone number or location (once I finally found it) was designed to help me in this circumstance. So I'm done with FedEx. Please, if you ever send me anything, just use the good ol' US Postal Service. God bless America.

I've already got a post planned for tomorrow, and I promise it will be more upbeat!

4 comments:

queenhaiku said...

at least you always have the wiggles to turn to when life gets ya down!they rock!nate knows their first and LAST names...

Nicki W. said...

what about the part when michael said, "we're all homo's...homosapiens". i thought that was funny!

JTapp said...

FedEx Customer Service needs some work. I think it's located in New Jersey, at least that's how everyone I talked to sounded.
"Whaddaya mean you weren't home when your package arrived??" was their basic attitude.

Liz Waters said...

I do agree that The Office premiere was not up to par. I usually laugh out loud several times during episodes! There were some funny parts, like you said, but overall just not good enough! I was glad that Pam and Roy didn't get hitched, though. Predictable, but I'm still glad. Hope tonight's episode doesn't disappoint!