Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The World Will Never Be the Same

I'm sure all of you have already seen the news headlines about the tragic and sudden death of the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. He was snorkeling off the coast of Australia and was killed when he accidentally cornered a stingray, which attacked and pierced him in the heart. I have to say that if there was any way I think Steve would've wanted to go, it was like this. He did so much for nature and wildlife, making lovable even some of the world's ugliest and deadliest creatures. I believe his work will continue in the many he has inspired. My prayers are with his wife, Terri, and their two children.

2 comments:

Corrie said...

What's funny is how invincible he has always been in my mind. It was like I didn't think it was possible for him to die. When I heard yesterday that he had died, I was in total disbelief! Funny how people can become immortal in our minds!

Kristy said...

Okay, this is creepy, I just finished blogging and decided to read yours. We not only chose the same topic but used the exact same picture. Wow.