Friday, February 16, 2007

My Hearos!

As a continuation of the previous post, I wanted to post about my Hearos, which save the day because of the ridiculous loudness emanating from the upstairs apartment. No, I'm not misspelling the word "heroes." Hearos are the brand name of earplugs that I've started using to sleep at night.

We use the blue kind, the "Extreme" Hearos, that block up to 33 decibels!

Now, before I married Justin, I had never used earplugs, never really seen them, and definitely never heard of someone who sleeps with them every night. But Justin is an INCREDIBLY light sleeper, and he wouldn't sleep at all if he didn't use them every night. If we go on a trip somewhere, the 2 things we HAVE to take with us are clean underwear and earplugs - everything else is optional. :) I, on the other hand, have always been a notoriously good sleeper. I can sleep anywhere and not much will wake me. One time I was sleeping at my sister's house, and the dang security alarm went off, and I still didn't wake up! (Admittedly, I was suffering from jet lag at the time, but still!) I sleep in the car, on airplanes, through movies. I love me some sleep. This is why the upstairs neighbors' loudness was so incredibly upsetting to me - they were actually keeping me from falling asleep and then waking me up early! So Justin finally convinced me to try earplugs, and they are like heaven. I just fall asleep and wake up when I need to! (Except this morning, I didn't hear my alarm, that was definitely not a good thing. I still made it to work on time, though.) I laugh in the face of my neighbors' heavy footsteps and early-morning hip-hop music! HA HA HA!

My only fear with getting used to using earplugs, though, is that I may get to the point of not being able to sleep without them! I've always been such a good sleeper that I'd hate to alter that now! The great sleep I'm getting these days is worth it, though, so I'm just going to have to run the risk. In the meantime, I'm very grateful for my Hearos and for my hero, Justin, who gave them to me.

No comments: