Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Christmas, Part 4: Lights at Patti's

There is a famous restaurant in Grand Rivers, KY called Patti's.  We love to eat there, but over the holidays it is impossible to get in without waiting for hours.  So we just went in the evening and checked out their really huge Festival of Lights display.  There were some really cool things there - some I'd never seen before!  You know it's going to be a treat for Elias when a train is one of the first things we see...
 
Our sweet family photo at the "North Pole."
Lights as far as the eye can see!
They had a couple of these impressive red-wrapped trees.  Nana and I were amazed at how far out they were able to get out on the branches!  Elias thought it looked like an octopus...  I can see it!
This tree was so cool - I had never seen lights like this before!  They were long strings of lights where the light ran down the string - it looked like icicles dripping off the tree! 
I took a video of it, but you may not be able to see what's going on.  I can see it because I know what it looked like!  Pretty cool stuff.

This was definitely a fun outing for us, though, and worth the cold!

No comments: