Thursday, July 20, 2006

My Justin: Making Birthday Wishes Come True

Today is my birthday, but around my house birthdays are festivities that last for days. So we began our celebrations yesterday, and my wonderful husband had all sorts of amazing surprises for me! He has been so attentive to what I like and crafted a sweet day of fulfilled dreams!

Dream #1: He cooked me dinner, which is always a dream in my book! He made a delicious Ghanaian dish that a friend taught him how to make - fried plantains with a bean & corned beef sauce. YUM! He also had a STUNNING bouquet of flowers waiting for me when I got home from work. Look at how gorgeous they are! I brought them to work with me today, and they are wow-ing the whole office.

Dream #2: Ever since it came out, Remember the Titans has been my favorite movie. Yet for some reason I haven't bought it, but I always wished I had it. Well, he bought it for me for my birthday because he's great.

Dream #3: For the past 6 months I've been working hard to lose weight (lost almost 40 pounds so far!), but my bathroom scale at home isn't incredibly reliable. I've had my eye on one at Bed, Bath, & Beyond that I had decided I would get as my reward for losing 40 pounds. But he surprised me with it yesterday, and I hadn't even "earned" it by reaching my goal yet! It's a really cool model that can even calculate your body fat percentage. You can check it out here.

Dream #4: As most of you know, the mascot at Baylor is the bear, and they keep live bears on campus who make appearances at most Baylor events. I first saw one at a Baylor football game last year, and I fell in love immediately. She was so sweet, I just wanted to squeeze her! So ever since then I've been a little obsessed with the bears, wanting to stop by the bear habitat on campus and see if I could catch a glimpse of the cuties. Well, my amazing husband arranged for us to be able to go in the habitat and meet the bear!!!! I wasn't allowed to squeeze her (She might've ripped my face off.), but we did pet her! What a great birthday present! At Baylor there is a hand motion that they do at sporting events. You hold your "paw" up in the air and make a slashing motion while you say "Sic 'em, Bears!" Well, they have sweet little Joy (the bear) trained to hold her little paw up like she's sic-ing 'em. So we got a picture of us sic-ing 'em with Joy!!! There also happened to be a photographer from the Waco Tribune-Herald there photographing the bear, so we may even make it in the paper! She took our names and thought it was neat that we were there meeting the bear for my birthday. I'll post a link to the article if we make the paper. So my dear and wonderful husband definitely hit a grand slam last night. Thank you, my dear!!!

7 comments:

Nicki W. said...

yea, justin! way to score big points! don't you just heart joy?? happy day to you!

Jessica said...

Glad you had a great celebration! Have a happy day today, too!

Justin might want to start planning next year now, if he's going to top all that!

Love you!

JTapp said...

She's worth it. :-)

Corrie said...

Oh HOW fun!! I love it! Way to go on the thoughtful birthday surprises, Justin! Joni, I hope your day was fabulous!

Ryan said...

I've said it once..I'll say it again...
If loving the Tapp's is wrong...I don't wanna be right!!

Ryan said...

and ohh yeah Happy B-Day!

Shelly said...

Way to go Justin!
Sic Em Bears!! (and Happy Birthday to Joni!)