Thursday, March 15, 2007

Me as an M & M

This week, I've been having a great time on WeeWorld.com, thanks to my friend Kristy. We're now Wee friends, which is nice being friends in the real world AND in the Wee world. If you'd like to make a WeeMee and be friends with my WeeMee, go to Wee World. I'm daisyjo37. However, instead of copying Kristy and posting my WeeMee on my blog, I found another way to make an online version of me at becomeanmm.com. So here is me as an M&M:

Yes, these are the things I do when I'm bored at work. Welcome to my world.

EDIT:
Many apologies to my coworker Lindsay. I was posting this blog right at 5:00 yesterday, so I was in a hurry and I didn't finish the post! Besides wasting time on the internet when I'm bored at work, I spend many hours with my friend Lindsay, and we chat and entertain each other. On Wednesday we were given a project to use cute scrapbooking paper and some die-cut hearts and flowers to decorate giveaway bags for a Women's Conference this weekend. So as we let our creative juices flow in creating beautiful and unique bags, we regaled each other with tales from our childhoods. (You should hear Lindsay's traumatic playground story... It's a doozie. Mine is better, though, because it involves a full body cast. Thankfully it wasn't me in the cast!) I learned that as a child, Lindsay loved to cover her desk with Elmer's Glue or Rubber Cement and then have fun peeling it off. Who didn't like scraping glue off their desk as a kid? I know I did. Note: This is not as pleasant when you run into someone's GUM on the underside of the desk! Yuck!

So then Lindsay and I decided to revive this fun childhood pastime by covering various articles on her desk with rubber cement and then peeling it off once it dried.

Staplers, bottles of hand sanitizer, scissors, nothing was safe from our boredom. (Yes, we were REALLY bored.) Then I asked her if she'd ever put it on her hand and then peeled it off. She said of course she had and that was fun. So I proceeded to put a huge dollop on the back of my hand and waited for it to dry. When she looked up and saw me, she said "Oh, I've never put it on the back of my hand, I put it on my palm. Oh well. I'm sure it's fun there too." However, I learned a very important lesson about putting rubber cement on your body to have fun peeling it off. (Can anybody guess where this is going?!)

DO NOT PUT RUBBER CEMENT ON ANY AREA OF YOUR BODY THAT HAS HAIR!!! IT'S GOING TO HURT LIKE THE DICKENS WHEN YOU PEEL IT OFF!!!!!!

Yes, I had a big red raw patch on the back of my hand after painstakingly pulling off the huge patch of rubber cement I had so idiotically put there. So that's my story of what REALLY happens around this office when the bosses are away...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joni, this is not all you do at work... Lindsay

Jessica said...

Well, that's nice work if you can get it . . .

I became an M&M but then lost it when I tried to download. Oh, well. It was fun to make!