Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back Update

I just got back from the doctor, and I wanted to post a quick update. I'm encouraged although there isn't really much news. She said that with someone as young as me, they don't jump right into assuming it's a disc problem. She said muscle injuries can take up to 8 weeks to resolve, especially in an area that gets used all the time like the back. And she said my symptoms could be completely in line with a minor injury, because even though I didn't have one moment where it started to hurt, the main cause of my current pain could just be because of inflammation and muscle spasms around the site. So, she prescribed me some muscle relaxers and stronger painkillers to take at night when I go to bed, and I should be waking up feeling better. She said I was already doing the right thing by taking the ibuprofen at night BEFORE I have pain and inflammation - head it off before it starts. So we'll give it another month and then if it's not better at all, I can go back for x-rays or imaging. But I'm encouraged at her comments, and I'm expecting that this will help me a lot. So good news! Thank you for your continued prayers!!!!

1 comment:

Mollie said...

Glad to hear you're getting some relief!!