Monday, December 21, 2009

Developing So Fast!

Here's a video of my precious boy counting to 20!

He gets a little lost in the mid-teens - 14 and 15 are both "dis-dis." But he actually got 16 this time, which he doesn't usually. But he nails 17-20 every time! My so smart boy!

And please don't think we're drilling him with flash cards or anything. He just picks this stuff up! He hears 1-20 on his Elmo video that he watches about twice a week, and he hears me counting the mandarin oranges that he eats at lunch. And he just picked it up from that! We about fell over when he started counting along with me!

Other things he has just picked up in the past week that completely surprised us:
- My child actually counted to 10 IN FRENCH. He got that from a little toy remote he has.
- He knows the words to "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes!" and can say them along with someone singing it!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, I can't wait to get a hold of those cheeks! I hope he's ready for Aunt Jessica kisses!

Jessi said...

Precious!!

Hey, I almost have your gift for the craft meme ready...
Could you send your physical address to me at ladyjess78 at gmail dot com?

Thanks!

Nick said...

Wow joni - his verbal skills are off the charts! Well beyond Noah!