Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Here's another great shot that Nana snapped when they were here, and I thought it was incredibly appropriate to wish my husband a happy Father's Day!!!

I am so thankful for the daddy that Justin is.  Elias is so blessed to have him, and I am thankful for his help and example in raising Elias to be a godly man!

I am also exceptionally thankful for my own dad, and I'd like to wish him a happy Father's Day too!  I was sorting through an old tub of childhood mementos that Mom gave me recently, and I found a few old drawings that maybe say it all...
Well, actually, this one doesn't say anything besides that you're my dad...  (And that life in your house is so magical that we don't melt from the heat of a giant sun, tiny rainbows sprout from nowhere, and grass grows from the sky!!!)  Let's try another.
Hm.  Well, I guess I appreciated you're a good provider?  Although my wording makes it sound like Mom was paying you to work around the house...  Let's look at one more.
Well, all this one says is that I really appreciated your rockin' mustache!!!  (Note: This is an exceptionally good rendering of what my dad looked like as I was growing up!  The rest of the family I didn't do so well with, and my poor sister definitely did NOT have scoliosis!)

Regardless of what I could find in my old artwork, I have always appreciated and still do appreciate my dad!  I'm so thankful for you!!!!  Happy Father's Day to both the special dads in my life!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is a shockingly good representation of Dad when we were kids, but I'm pretty are I was a snappier dresser.

Anonymous said...

Love the commentary, Joni!

ann

Jan said...

I thought this was hilarious! I was laughing out loud at the way you interpreted your drawings. Thanks for the creativity...and thanks for sharing. Love you!