Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Finger-Lickin' Good

I've discovered another reason I'm VERY glad to be in Moldova for the first half of my pregnancy. First of all, let me start by explaining that my absolute favorite fast-food meal of all time is Dairy Queen's Chicken Strip Basket. Four batter-dipped chicken strips, hot crispy fries, Texas toast, and gravy. Oh my, I'm salivating just thinking about it. I haven't eaten one in years because, according to the DQ website, the meal tops out at a whopping 950 calories, and that is WITHOUT the gravy, which I don't eat. And of course, it wouldn't be complete without a medium Chocolate X-treme blizzard, which DOUBLES that calorie total. Sooooooo, needless to say, I don't splurge on that treat much. However, not even the knowledge of how devastating this meal is for one's health can stop me from craving it pretty much night and day. And now that I'm pregnant, it is seriously my #1 craving. I'm not kidding - I'm actually having dreams about going to DQ and getting one of these. Thankfully, however, we don't have Dairy Queens in Moldova, and so I'm not having to try to resist that temptation. I must say, however, that upon returning to the States, I'm going to have one as soon as I can. Oh my. I'm getting a little emotional just thinking about it. Hopefully I'll have enough willpower to limit them to maybe once a month for the remainder of my pregnancy... We'll see.

Anyways, all the talk on my last post about cravings determining whether it's a boy or a girl made me think about this being my number one craving. Supposedly, craving salty means it's a boy and craving sweet means it's a girl. Well, seeing as I'm craving both the chicken strips AND the blizzard, I don't know if this helps me much. But I do think that considering my biggest craving is fried chicken, this tells me that our child will most definitely be a Baptist... :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You are too cute . . .

Andrew's Mommy said...

Love that last line... hahaha!

Ryan said...

Great post!!
HAHAHA!!

Tara said...

I can't blame pregnancy on weird cravings but I know what you mean. I crave things from restaurants we just don't have in Chicago. Let's see...Fazoli's breadsticks, Dairy Queen onion rings (we have DQ, but they only serve ice cream and hot dogs) Chik-fil-A. I wish I could come see you and have a chicken finger basket with you! I ain't afraid of gravy!