Saturday, February 13, 2010

Eating with a Spoon

I've only in the past week or so started really trying to get Elias to eat with a spoon. He's been doing a fork for a while now, but I haven't been willing to attempt the spoon because he turns it over and everything just falls off and makes a mess. He's starting to get the concept, though, so I've been giving it a try with his breakfast cereal and applesauce. He's doing pretty well! This morning, though, was the first time he actually dipped the spoon back in the bowl himself to try to get more. Usually he just hands the spoon to me and I put food on it for him to pick up and put in his mouth. (You'll see that at the end of the video below - I left it on there so you could see.) I happened to have the video camera handy this morning, so I captured a little bit of his first attempts to get himself a spoonful of applesauce. So we're making progress!


Note: I've posted 5 different videos today, so if you're not using a reader to view this site, make sure to scroll down so you don't miss anything!

No comments: