Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pumpkin Muffin

I hadn't realized it had been so long since I've posted on here! Things are going well, and I'm just busy with other things. I'm enjoying the last couple weeks of summer before Justin goes back to work!!!! We've enjoyed so much having him home this summer that I am NOT looking forward to school starting!

In the meantime, though, Elias is doing so great and turning into such a precious little boy! He's definitely not a baby anymore, and he's growing up to be Mommy's sweetheart. He is turning into an affectionate little cuddlebug, and Mommy loves that! It may just be a phase, but he's really into Mommy these days - no one else will do! He loves hugs and kisses, sitting in Mommy's lap, holding Mommy's hand, and patting Mommy's knee! You may remember that one of my nicknames for him when he was a baby was Punkinhead... Well, that seems to have evolved into Pumpkin Muffin, and I'm not even sure how that happened. But often the first thing he'll say when he sees me in the morning is "Pumpkin Muffin!" with his arms outstreched, and that means he wants a hug and a kiss from Mommy for her little Pumpkin Muffin!

He's also a silly boy, though, and he likes to tease his Mommy. He'll grab my arm and pull me close making a kissy noise, like he wants a kiss. But then when I try to give him one, he'll shake his head so I can't give him one. He calls that "teasing Mommy" and he thinks it's hilarious. Here's a video of it, although the video is really bad - I didn't realize that his kicking the table was shaking the camera. Sorry about that!

My sweet little Pumpkin Muffin!

So I'll try to do better about posting pictures, videos, and stories of my precious boy for Grandma and Nana and other fans of my little buddy! :)

2 comments:

Justin D. Tapp said...

It should be noted that while his preferred term of endearment from mommy is "Pumpkin Muffin," from daddy it's "Captain D's!" We don't know why. First thing he usually says to daddy in the mornings is "Captain D's!"

Jessica said...

The earth-shaking kicks are actually hilarious! Thanks for sharing!