Saturday, August 06, 2011

Finger Painting

With the weather being so hot, we can't do much playing outside, so I'm having to get creative with figuring out things to do with Elias!  I'm not creative at all in that department, and generally I avoid anything that might make a mess.  But desperate times call for desperate measures.  One day last week we pulled out the finger paints, and it was actually a REALLY good time!
Elias isn't artistic enough yet to actually try to create something with the paint, so he was just smearing and glopping it randomly on the paper.  He thought it was HILARIOUS, though, when I would say "GLOP!" as he put it on the paper.

It's the simple things, ya know?  (Side note: I didn't realize Justin was filming here - I thought he was taking still photos.  I was trying to mix and red & blue to make purple...)

We still have those paintings proudly on display, though, and Elias still enjoys looking at them.
It was his idea to draw the Bob & Larry - he still gets a big kick out of having them on our door!  :)

No comments: