Thursday, August 04, 2011

Kentucky Vacation, Part 4: Undocumented Fun

We also had two other special elements to our trip that I have almost zero photo documentation of... because I am a photographic loser.  We spent two days in Georgetown at my parents' house because my sister and her family were also visiting, and it had been several months since we had seen them.  We actually spent the Fourth there.  We grilled out burgers, made homemade ice cream, and even lit our own sparklers!  Here are my two nephews with sparklers - I stole the photos off my sister's Twitter feed!

It was a lot of fun seeing Elias play with his cousins - he's finally starting to catch up to their play level even though they're a few years older than he is.  So I can't wait to see the way their relationship can develop through the years!

Then Justin and I also took a little getaway while we had some free babysitters!  We left Elias with Nana & Granddad and took a night at a bed & breakfast in Paducah.  We saw a movie (Larry Crowne), went out to eat at several really neat places, and had a great time just the two of us!  I have absolutely no pictures of that, but we enjoyed ourselves, and Elias did really great with Justin's parents.  So that was a blessing.  Great times with great family!  :)

No comments: