Monday, April 10, 2006

Grad School Blues

My husband is definitely inflicted with a case of the Grad School Blues. We're now in the last month of his first semester, so it's CRUNCH TIME for all the projects, papers, and exams. Yuck. He lives at the library. This is in no way intended to sound like I'm complaining about him having to be at the library so much. I understand that he has to, and I'm proud of him for being such a hard worker and good student. But it still stinks for him and I wish there was something I could do. I was able to help him gather data for a project this weekend, and that was infinitely fun for me. Not necessarily the time spent on the computer, but just the fact that I could actually participate in and help with the things he spends such long hours on at the library. We're a TEAM in this grad school thing, just like we are in all of life. So with my help this weekend, he actually got all the data that he needed to turn in today, and that was a brilliant success, in my opinion. If the dern professor looks at all his hard work and tells him he still needs to change something else, I'm going to be really mad. He's got some good stuff and it's going to be an awesome project. So at our house, we're in survival mode until May 11th, that blessed last day of class for my precious husband! I look forward to seeing you then, dear! :)

6 comments:

Kristy said...

If the prof tells him he needs to change something else you should go up there and give him a piece of your mind. I bet you could be scary if you tried really hard.

JTapp said...

Couldn't have made it without your hard work, babe! Now if you could just explain the nuances of international trade to me...

Joni said...

Well, thankfully (and luckily for him!) the prof said Justin's project was looking great. So we're in good shape and I don't have to go up there and get mean.

I'll get right on that trade thing, dear...

Jessica said...

You guys will have some tough days, but you'll get through it. Matt and I used to both be doing "crunch time" at the same time. We didn't have groceries and had to wear the same clothes over again, but we survived. I'm certain you are doing better than that!

Call if you need some company when he's studying!

Kristy said...

Thank you for a wonderful party! It was fantastic and I ate my weight in popcorn and m&ms!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the grad school days. Hang in there, this too will soon come to an end.