Friday, April 14, 2006

My Dear Friend

My dear friend Charity came to visit me last weekend, and I've finally downloaded the picture to my computer so I can blog about it! Charity goes to grad school in Dallas, and since she had a break last weekend, she took a mini-"vacation" to come to Waco! Waco's not all that hot of a place, but she seemed to enjoy herself. We played Phase 10, watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," and talked about boys (EEEEEEE!) - all of which are blasts from the past for us. We only go back about 3 1/2 years, but those were some of the most intense years of our lives (as missionaries in Africa!), and so we have a really strong friendship because of it. So even though we don't live close to each other, she's still dear to my heart and I cherish the time we can actually spend face to face! I love ya, girl!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You say waco isn't a great vacation destination, but it seems like that's where everyone's going these days. Maybe you should get into the Waco tourism industry.

Kristy said...

Um I agree. Waco is a pretty happening place. Everyone wants to visit. You know you want to stay forever.

Joni said...

ok, ok... waco IS a fantastic place to be. but i hate to make all you poor chumps who aren't in waco feel bad about yourselves. you certainly will feel bad knowing that we're having record high temperatures in waco this week. it's supposed to hit 100 degrees today! now that's what i call texas life, boys! (of course, i'm still freezing my heinie off in this office because the pastors keep it so cold in here!!! 100 degrees out and i'm wearing a sweater! *sigh*) so anyway, sis, come on down! i'll tell the dr. pepper museum to have a case ready and waiting for you!

Shelly said...

i love when friends visit:)