Friday, May 21, 2010

Two Years Old!!

My precious boy is two years old today. That brings me a whole lot of joy and just a tiny bit of nostalgia. The nostalgia didn't really hit until today when I received my first edition of "Your Preschooler This Week" from BabyCenter in my email inbox - no longer will I see "Your Baby" or "Your Toddler..." My big boy is a preschooler! Aaaaaaaaack!

Buuuuuuuuuut, the vast majority of my baby growing up is joy. He is such a treasure, so smart and precious, growing so fast and developing so well. We had our 2-year well visit this morning, and he is perfectly healthy, and we thank God. Here are his 2-year stats:

Height: 38" (99%)
Weight: 38 lb. (99%)
Head: 20" (95%)

So he's still gigantic, but still proportionate and perfectly healthy. Today I asked the doctor about being able to switch him to 2% or skim milk instead of whole and she heartily approved. She laughingly said "I understand if you want to slim him down a bit... Next time you come in, he'll be carrying you!"

We'll be having his birthday party and his 2-year portraits made next week, so stay tuned for those. In the meantime, here's a little bit of our birthday celebrations so far. We received packages in the mail from all Elias' grandparents, but we're opening the presents slowly instead of all at once. The first one we opened was from Nana & Granddad, and it was a remote-controlled Thomas! Be still Elias' heart! He's deeply in love with it, and I couldn't even convince him to put it down long enough to eat yesterday! So Thomas joined Elias for his snack:
Notice how Elias won't even take his hand off of Thomas long enough to eat... I'll post a video soon of Elias playing with the remote control.

Then we opened the card from Grandma & Grandpa, and it had Elmo singing happy birthday! More pure bliss for my little buddy. Here's a video of him pushing the button to hear Elmo OVER and OVER and OVER... Seriously, he did it for like 20 minutes. I spared you that, though, and only posted 50 seconds of it here.

I'll post more about our celebrations, and I have a backlog of videos I hope to get edited and up soon. But we are so thankful for our precious and healthy boy, and thankful to God for carrying us these two years! May we really have many more!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday from Matt, Jessica, Patriot and Azlan. We love you Elias. (Did you get our email gift?) (Uncle Matt actually wrote this)

charity said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELIAS!!! Hope you've had a happy day! =) Big hugs from "Ndo" and "Char"!

Valerie Plowman said...

Hi Joni! You won the giveaway for the personalized shirt from FYLM! Please email me at valplowman@gmail.com to claim your prize! You have one week to respond or another winner will be chosen. Congrats!

Jessi said...

Happy birthday, Elias. Hope it is super-special!!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Elias! I'm actually kind of surprised that the ped didn't put him on reduced-fat milk at 18 months, as they're doing somewhat these days. Maybe because his weight corresponds well to his height.