Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mormon Polygamy on HBO Show

I just saw this feature in the CNN Headlines about a new show coming out on HBO this season called "Big Love." It's about a Mormon family in Salt Lake City, which involves a man with three wives, and their struggles in keeping the peace in such a family. I'm really quite interested that such a show is actually being made in modern America, and I wonder what kind of response it will receive. Does anybody have thoughts on this?

Click here to read the full article.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I saw a preview for that, too. I can't decide how I feel about it. Since we don't get HBO, I won't be able to watch it. Someone will have to let us know what it's like.

Joni said...

yeah, sis, we don't have it either, but i don't know if i would want to watch it anyways. i just think it's REALLY interesting that someone would make a show with this kind of content. don't they walk a really fine line of completely angering the mormon population? couldn't they get sued? i just think it's interesting.

Corrie said...

It is amazing what people get away with "in the name of entertainment." For example, I think a lot of things they do on South Park would be terribly upsetting to certain groups of people. So, no, I don't think they'll get in trouble. They'll probably just tick some people off, and then come back with, "Learn to laugh at yourselves..."