Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Qwyzzle: The Scourge of Office Productivity

Some friends on a discussion board told me about an online quiz game that is a lot of fun. So innocently, without knowing what I was getting myself into, I started playing Qwyzzle 100. Now, I'm hooked and I've inadvertently gotten my whole office hooked too. None of us are getting any work done! It's an online game that has 100 levels. On each level, you're given a picture and a clue, and you have to use logic and lots of Google searches to reason out what the answer is. Upon entering the correct answer, you're taken to the next level and given a new, harder puzzle to work out. It is SOO ADDICTIVE!!! You find yourself obsessing over what the answer to your level is... You can't concentrate on getting any other work done because you're thinking about the level you haven't solved yet! And then when you finally get it, you know you should work on something else, but the thrill of solving just carries you into starting the next level! It's a vicious cycle that you just can't stop until you've solved all 100!!!! I started out working on it only at home, but then one day I was bored at work so I started working on them there. Then, Kristy told me she was bored, so I told her about it and she got hooked. Then Meredith heard us talking about it, so we told her about it and now she's hooked. Now Tracy came back from vacation and heard us all talking about, so she's going to start them too... Yet another person falls victim to Qwyzzle, the scourge of workplace productivity!! Meredith, who is still a good worker and only does them at home, said "Last night I was up til midnight working on Qwyzzle... Then even when I went to bed, I couldn't stop thinking about what the answer might be!!!" Kristy said, "These are hard and I can't concentrate on anything else... I think I'll stop at Level 50." Well, right now she's on Level 61. She got caught in the Qwyzzle trap!!! I'm also on Level 61, so I've made significant progress. But there are still 39 LOOOOOOOONG levels until I reach 100. We'll see how long it takes! Ah, but to imagine the thrill of victory when I get there! So if you're brave and have some time on your hands, try Qwyzzle 100... IF YOU DARE!!!!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

This is total insanity. I haven't done a single thing for 3 days. I am now on level 70 where I will wait for you to join me. I'll bring a die tomorrow and we'll figure this puppy out together! You HAVE to help me because it's your fault I'm addicted.