Wednesday, March 08, 2006

San Antonio or BUST!

Spring Break is coming up, and Justin and I have decided it's time to GET OUT OF TOWN! Sadly enough, even though Justin has Spring Break off of school, I still have to work. So we're just taking a little weekend excursion to San Antonio, only about 3 hours from home. We're looking forward to strolling the Riverwalk, remembering the Alamo, and eating some of the best barbeque Texas has to offer! (Check out http://www.saltlickbbq.com.) I'll plan on posting some pics once we get back, as long as I can figure out how...

8 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm so excited that you succomed (sp?) to the pressures of the blogging world. Now even after I'm gone from Woodway we can keep in touch!

Nicki W. said...

Salt Lick rules. You guys are going to have a blast! Hey, check my blog out at www.nicksterland.blogspot.com

Heart ya!

Corrie said...

Joni! Blogging is such fun! I hope you guys have a BLAST in San Antonio...It is such a beautiful place. Enjoy...eat some chips and salsa for me!
My blog is www.seaofcorrie.blogspot.com. :)

Anonymous said...

I've added you to my favorites! Hope you guys have a wonderful trip. Thanks again for helping volunteer last night. I had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Getting away sounds like a load of fun! I've never been to SA so I can't wait to hear what you say about it... since the Southern Baptist Convention is there next year!!!!

Kristy said...

Wow, 5 comments, you are REALLY popular!

Joni said...

Yes, Kristy and I are SO BORED at work that we check each other's blogs multiple times a day just to see if the other has posted anything new. In fact, Kristy was a key player in even getting me to start a blog. And to respond to your comment, Kristy, I'm not popular, just have nice friends who read my emails and respond to them. :)

Jessica said...

You will love San Antonio. Make sure to eat at the Mexican restaurant on the Riverwalk that has all the different colored umbrellas over the tables. I can't remember what it's called, but it's great food -- totally worth the calories! And try to do the IMAX movie about the Alamo. We watched it before we actually toured the Alamo, and it really helped me understand the story better.