Friday, January 18, 2008

Gonna Be a Soccer Player!

I want to thank you all for all your awesome naming suggestions for Justin and I to consider!!! I was surprised at the response! We've pretty much settled on a middle name, but still working on the first name. We figure we have another 4 months before we HAVE to make a decision, so there's no need to rush it now. We'll let you know when we decide what his full name will be!

In the meantime, I am not kidding when I say I am SHOCKED at how much this child kicks me! It's like I'm his own personal practice dummy! Especially when I'm in bed at night trying to sleep. I call him "my little goober" when he's doing that and keeping me awake. I'm not sleeping well at night anyway, between getting up to pee every 4 hours, uncomfortable aching hips, and bizarre and vivid dreams. So I'm awake every hour or two anyways. Then last night every time I woke up, it was like he was having a Dance Dance Revolution party in there or something! So it would always take me a while to fall back asleep, since my little goober was scheming to keep me awake. :) It's also funny, though, how much joy there is in that. I LOVE waking up and feeling him alive in me, it's just such an encouraging knowledge and never ceases to make me smile. It's almost like he's communicating with me - "I'm here, Mom!"

He also really seems to like it when I eat sugar - or maybe it just gives him a sugar rush. I just finished a mug of Moose Tracks ice cream, so we'll see if it make him dance a bit in there. :)

My family is coming to visit us for the long weekend this weekend, and I am INCREDIBLY excited about that! They arrive tomorrow at lunch time, and I'm already counting the hours! (16 to go!) We're going to eat a lot of food, play some games, spend a day in Gatlinburg, and just have an all-around good time.

P.S. Yes, the Moose Tracks DID give him a sugar rush! :)

No comments: