I thought I'd post the recipe in case anybody was interested. I adapted it from this recipe, found at cdkitchen.com. It makes loose granola, like cereal, not like granola bars.
* 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
* 1/2 cup slivered almonds
* 1/4 cup milled flaxseed
* 1/4 cup oat bran
* 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4-1 cup Splenda (depending on how sweet you want it)
* 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1 cup raisins or other dried or fresh fruit
1. Preheat oven to 275F.
2. Mix all dry ingredients except fruit. Add applesauce to dry mixture in 2 to 3 portions, thoroughly mixing before adding next portion to evenly distribute throughout.
3. Spread on nonstick half sheet pan or rimmed cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes total, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
4. Add fruit. Store in an airtight container.