Thursday, January 15, 2009

Trip to Chicago

I am clearly the slacker of the century when it comes to getting these photos from our trip posted... Oh well, better late than never, I suppose.

On New Year's Day, my mom, sister, and I packed up the kids and we took a women & children's trip to visit my mom's extended family in the Chicago area! (The men all stayed in Ohio to work.) The car was a bit cramped - this is the view looking back from the driver's seat:
Notice that if Patriot moves wrong, he will get slammed in the head with a stroller... As you can see by the vacant expression on his face, though, he didn't care as long as his DVD player was working! We watched Cars and Madagascar at least 5 times each before we were done... But we had such a good time! It was so much fun getting to spend that time with my mom, sis, nephews, and son! And it was neat getting to see the three cousins hang out together. Here they are with Grandma at the Sky Oasis outside of Chicago.We had 10 rooms all at the same hotel, and we just took over the hotel's breakfast room to do our gathering. The first night we were there, we had our family Christmas, and we had mass present-opening chaos! (Thanks to my sister for taking these pictures on her iPhone!)
Our family has a setup where we all buy presents for all of the kids, and then each adult brings one gift and we do an exchange. Fun times had by all.
Elias got so many neat toys and clothes! Thank you, everybody! This was the first time he had met any of this family, so that was neat.Grandma is very impressed by what somebody is showing her...

I think I only have one more group of photos to post after this, and then I'll finally be done with our holiday series!

No comments: