Saturday, April 04, 2009

Spring Break, Part 2

In the middle of the week, while Justin was chainsawing and driving a tractor with his dad, Elias and I drove up for a quick 2-day visit with my family in Cincinnati. We didn't have much time together, but we sure did enjoy the visit! I wrote a bit about traveling alone with Elias here - I'm SO THANKFUL for such a good and cooperative baby boy!

We arrived on Tuesday afternoon, and that evening we went to watch my nephew Patriot's soccer practice. (He's in a community league of 4 & 5-year-olds. Cute!) Then we went to my sister's house where we took a nice evening stroll before E's bedtime. My sis has the cutest little red wagon that we strapped Elias and his cousin Azlan (age 2) into for our walk. Here are the three boys together:The next day, it was raining and we couldn't do anything outside, so we went to Chuck E. Cheese's for lunch and spent most of the afternoon there! This was E's first time at Chuck E. Cheese's, and he really enjoyed it! They had a little section of games and rides that were just for the littles, and he did well with some of them! Here he is riding a Teletubbie ride:"Driving" a car. (We didn't need to spend a token on it - he liked just standing there, turning the wheel, and watching the screen!)Spinning a wheel and watching it rattle - this was more his speed!Standing with Mommy in front of Chuck E. himself!He also liked just walking around and seeing all the other kids and watching the lights flash and the games move and stuff.

Then we just all hung out together at my parents' house that evening and watched American Idol. (Side note: This is the first time I saw American Idol this season, and I am seriously smitten by Adam Lambert!) Elias and I went back to Kentucky the next day. Short trip, but very sweet!

No comments: