Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy First Father's Day!

I just wanted to wish a Happy First Father's Day to my sweet husband. You have blown me away with the kind of Daddy you are. You love our son in a way it never even occurred to me that you would. I love the way you just want to spend time with him, sing to him, read to him, play with him, or hold him - just that you want to be so involved in his life. I love the way you take responsibility for the spiritual health of our household and the way you pray for him every day.Thank you also for making being a mommy so much easier for me. You listen when I need to vent my emotions, and then you offer me a voice of reason which I need desperately. You always have a hug and encouraging word for me. You do the dishes and make dinner, and you even make me breakfast every morning! I would be completely lost without you, and I hope that I convey to you every day how thankful I am to God for giving me such an amazing man to partner with in this journey of parenthood.
I love you and I'm proud of the daddy you are and the daddy you will become as Elias grows older. I can't wait to see him grow up to be just like you!

3 comments:

JTapp said...

Thanks, babe!

Anonymous said...

You guys are going to be great parents. Elias is so blessed to have such godly parents.
Harley

Nicki W. said...

happy father's day!! it gets better and better as they grow!