Saturday, December 13, 2008

Peeping Tom

Now that we're on a new schedule, Elias is going 4 hours between feedings, and so his waketimes are a lot longer. When we were first doing the Babywise scheduling, we were pretty closely following the suggested pattern of feeding, waketime, naptime, feeding, etc. So he used to do his whole waketime immediately after the feeding, then nap until it was time for the next feeding. However, now that there's so much time in there, he's started having waketime both before and after each nap. So he'll eat, play for about an hour, nap for 1.5 or 2 hours, and then play for another 30 minutes or so until it's time to eat again. This is all fine and working great, but the part that I think is funny is when he wakes up on his own in his crib. He is content to just play alone in his crib, sometimes I just leave him in his crib for the whole 30 minutes because he's just happy to laugh and talk to himself in there. He'll look at the trucks on his bumper, beat his hands on the mattress, play with his paci, etc. Perfectly happy by himself, which is AWESOME for me! The part that is funniest, though, is that he has started peeping up over the top of his bumper and watching the door for us to come in. He looks like this:










It's SOOO funny! When he sleeps, we mostly close the door, just leaving it open a few inches. But he'll stare right at the little crack in the door, just waiting to see Mommy or Daddy's face materialize there! I took some video the other day of him playing in his crib waiting for me to come get him. I'm sorry it's so dark, but I think you can still get the idea. I think he was thinking, "I just need to be as cute as possible, then she'll come in and pick me up!" It worked!

1 comment:

Mollie said...

Oh, he's too cute!!! I love the peeping over the bumper!!!!! Sweet!