Friday, December 12, 2008

Some Serious Fun

Some of you may have noticed that I've posted a blog every day this week. This is because now that we have our new camera, I'm developing a major backlog of really cute pictures and videos that I don't want to just lump all together in one huge post. So I'm trying to just consistently post every day, and hopefully I'll get them all posted before they're too old. However, today I took some video that immediately got bumped up to the front of the line because it is SO HILARIOUS!

We're discovering that Elias seems to be very ticklish, just like one of his parents who shall remain nameless. He laughs whenever we touch his feet or wipe his diaper area, and he thinks blowing raspberries on his belly is just the funniest thing ever. So today when I was "getting" his toes, he started doing this hilarious scream/laugh thing that I just had to capture on film. Thankfully, he kept doing it even though he was slightly distracted by the camera set up on a chair next to him.

Then at the end of the video, he shows off his newest trick - babbling using real syllables! I am quite pleased to say that his syllable of choice is "mama!" He obviously doesn't know that means me yet, but I've heard everywhere that most babies say "dada" first, so I was thrilled when he busted this out. Sorry, Daddy.

So without further ado, here's my funny baby boy:

2 comments:

Katie said...

Lucky duck, getting Eli to say "mama" first! I've heard everything out of C from baba to gaga to yes, even dada. But no mama. :(

Jeannie said...

I love the video! He is soo happy! Our E sometimes surprises himself with the sounds that come out of his mouth. Too Cute! Thanks for sharing all the pics and videos, I love them! When you guys come to Cincinnati next, we need to get together!